- Real Name: Edward Thomas "Tom" Hardy
- Birthdate: September 15, 1977
- Birthplace: Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom
- Description: Hardy made his debut in the television show Band of Brothers in 2001 but he gain critical acclaim in the TV series the take, wuthering heights and his powerful performance in Bronson. He then continues to be in great films transforming into different characters such as Warrior, Locke, Legend,The Dark Knight Rises, The Revenant and Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Quote: We're all flawed human beings and we all have a cauldron of psychosis which we have to unravel as we grow older and find the way we fit in to live our lives as best as possible.
Disclaimer: Tom Hardy doesn't own any social media account. The social media sites are only fan page dedicated to him.
2001 Film: Black Hawk Down
TV Show: Band of Brothers
2002 Film: Star Trek:Nemesis
2004 Film: Layer Cake
Stage Credit: Festen
2006 Film: Minotaur, Marie Antoinette, Scenes of a sexual nature
TV Show: A for andromeda, Sweeney Todd
2008 Film: Rocknrolla, Bronson
TV Show: Wuthering Heights
2009 Film: Perfect, Thick as thieves
TV Show: The Take
2010 Film: Inception
Stage Credit: The long red road
2011 Film: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Warrior
2012 Film: The Dark Knight Rises, Lawless
2013 Film: Locke
2014 Film: The Drop
TV Show: Peaky Blinders
2015 Film: Child 44, London Road, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Revenant, Legend
2017 Film: Dunkirk
TV Show: Taboo
For a complete list of Tom Hardy's filmography visit www.IMDB.com
- He loves dogs.
- He was awarded the 2003 London Evening Standard Theatre Award for Outstanding Newcomer for his performances in both In Arabia We'd All be Kings and for his role as Luca in Blood.
- He made his debut in the war film Black Hawk Down.
- Hardy has also performed on British and American stages.
- For the film Bronson he put on three stone (19 kg/42 pounds).
- He once said ‘I love to do things I haven't done before’. This mentality is probably why his career has been so interesting for us to watch as audiences.
- Hardy named his childhood dog Max because he was a fan of the film Mad Max. For the two people who don't know, he later went on to play Mad Max in the film Mad Max: Fury Road.
- He studied at Tower House School and Reed's School, then at Richmond Drama School, and subsequently at the Drama Centre London.
- His acting idol is Gary Oldman, somebody he's now worked with four times, in The Dark Knight Rises, Child 44, Lawless and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
- Hardy joined Drama Centre London in September 1998, and was taken out early after winning the part of US Army Private John Janovec in the award-winning HBO-BBC miniseries Band of Brothers.
For more trivia about Tom Hardy visit www.IMDB.com
Awards & Nominations
Academy Award 2016: Best Performance by an Actor in a supporting role for The Revenant(Nominated)
BAFTA Award 2011: Rising Star Award(Won)
2008: Best Actor: Stuart A Life Backwards(Nominated)
Awards Circuit Community Award 2015: Best Performance by an Actor in a supporting role for The Revenant(Nominated)
BIFA Award 2015: Best Actor for Legend(Won)
2013: Best Actor for Locke(Nominated)
2011: Best Supporting Actor for TTSS(Nominated)
2009: Best Actor for Bronson(Nominated)
Critics Choice Award 2016: Best Actor in an Action Movie for MMFR(Won), Best Supporting actor for the Revenant(Nominated)
Chlotrudis Award 2015: Locke(Won)
Crime Thriller Award, UK 2009: Best Lead Actor for the Take(Nominated)
LA Film Critics Award 2014: Best actor for Locke(Won)
Nevada Film Critics society 2015: Best Supporting Actor for the Revenant(Won)
2012: Best Actor for Warrior(Won)
Sant Jordi Award 2015: Best Foreign Actor for Locke and The Drop(Won)
Satellite Award 2015: Best Actor for Legend (Nominated)
Toronto Film Critic Association Award 2016: Best Actor for Legend(Won)
2015: Best Actor for Locke(Won)
For a complete list of Tom Hardy's awards and nominations head to IMDB.com